Thursday, March 26, 2009

Geo Bachelor

I have officially become a Geo bachelor. Well, I guess not totally, my 16 year old is still with me to finish this school year, but after that I will be all by myself. It is weird. There is no boat to keep me busy so I find myself thinking how empty the house seems. I am getting plenty of alone time and sometimes that is good, but as I am roaming around the house cleaning up I will find something that reminds me of one of the kids and I will miss them terribly for a few minutes then continue on. I can't get over how quiet the house is and actually miss the constant noise and kids fighting. I spent yesterday watching movers pack up stuff to ship back home the wife and kids. Then I moved the rest of the stuff that I am not keeping with me for the next year into the garage so movers can come take that to storage today. I have to move out of this house because as a "bachelor" I no longer qualify for a 4 bedroom. My original plan was to move all the stuff that I wanted into my new place and then let the movers go to town, but the new place isn't ready yet. This is why I spent all afternoon yesterday moving a vast majority of the larger items I own into the garage, just so they don't accidentally take any of the stuff I want with them. I won't be able to move into my new place for like 3 weeks. I guess I should be happy, because that gives me more time to clean this place thouroughly so I don't get ass-hammered on the Housing move out inspection. I feel like I am getting ready for ORSE and I don't get pro pay any more. Well, enough babbling for now I think I hear the moving truck...

3 comments:

montigrande said...

So what’s up? I didn’t know that half you family was moving back home. Where is home BTW? And you should be happy that they don’t force you out of housing all together. One of the guys at subscol had a thing (divorce?) happen and ended up with it just being him and one kid and it took CO to CO, subscol to subase, to get it to not happen. I can understand that feeling of empty space, when I took the job here, I was in an apartment for about 3 months by myself and it was definitely weird. Have a great day!!

Lwoodemc said...

We decided it would be a shitty thing to do to move the oldest in the middle of his senior year so we came up with this plan to move back to Missouri. Some things happened and we shifted the plan to the left a little. The oldest is loving having the house pretty much to himself though. The whole housing thing works out pretty nice, since they don't do as many geo bach rooms they have the two bedroom housing set up as geo bach apartments. They only take part of my bah and everything is included. Better than apartments in town. Catch ya later.

TDUlrich said...

Hey! Where have you moved the family to? To home is Missouri? This is in prep for retirement, isn't it? Let me know when you get settled in out there, MO isn't that far and I'd love to come out and see you when you're done. Are you near St. Louis at all? I've been there before and it was really neat. OK, take care