Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On being denuked

Well, it has been over three years since I drew Nuclear pro pay and though it stung at first I have had time to reflect and think about all the positives that came from my unfortunate circumstance.
1. I no longer have to worry about preparing a lecture that will most likely be ripped to shreds by the CO.
2. I no longer have to worry about racking out all the guys in my division for training that they could care less about.
3. I no longer have to worry about whether or not my guys are eating chips in maneuvering.
4. I no longer have to worry about ORSE.
5. I never have to wonder what being an EDMC would be like.
6. No more primary PMS.
7. No more TGLO bay field days.
8. No more SSMG maintenance (which I kind of miss).
9. I can now say that's what you get pro pay for you fuckin' nuke.
10. I can still make fun of coners too.
11. No more watches in the Engine room.
12. No more inport days on the boat until 2200.
13. No more Heatups or cooldowns.
14. No more 0300 startup briefs.
15. No more proficiency watches.
16. I've almost forgotten the SUR equation.
17. What is the neutron life cycle.
18. No more Eng Department Exams.
19. No more drill briefs.
20. No more offgoing field days with oncoming training.

The list could keep going and going and going, but I think you get the point.

2 comments:

JustinC said...

Eating chips in maneuvering leads to drinking a boot full of redbull and vodka.
There was someting fun about getting covered in carbon dust. Though hacking up black phlem for the next few days was not. Maybe we should have worn the face masks like the PM tells us too....

Anonymous said...

I don't think there was ANYTHING I really look back on fondly from being a Nuke. Sure, the training was good and got me jobs, but it's not like it was particularly enjoyable. And it isn't as if I couldn't have had drunken escapades were I to have gone to college...

C'est la vie.